Welcome to the Rolling Mill Academy
11th International Rolling Mill Academy
Principal Course Lecturers
Industrial Systems and Control, Glasgow:
- Dr. Gerrit van der Molen is a senior consultant with several years of experience in the simulation and advanced control of hot strip mills.
- Dr. Andy Clegg has significant experience in training courses on classical and advanced control concepts, and simulation tools.
Industrial Control Centre, University of Strathclyde:
- Prof. Mike Grimble has a long track record in fundamental contributions to optimal robust control and has over the years made significant contributions in Sendzimir mill modeling, backup-roll eccentricity control schemes, flatness control and recently robust multivariable control of hot mills.
- Dr. Reza Katebi is Reader in the university. His research interests include the global aspects of hot strip mill operation, with recent research including discrete-event simulation and the coordinated control of finishing mills.
- Day 1 (Optional)
- Introduction to Control
- Classical and Advanced Methods
- Hands-on Examples
- Day 2
- Rolling Mill Components and Control Systems
- Mill Management Tools
- Overview of Advanced Control Benefits
- Roughing and Plate Mill Control
- Day 3
- Simulation of Rolling Mills
- Gauge Control for Single Stands
- Roll Eccentricity Control
- Flatness Control
- Day 4
- Supervisory Control
- Multivariable and Model-Based Mill Controls
- Predictive Control for Finishing Mills
- Day 5
- Control Benchmarking
- Fault Monitoring