Restricted Structure Linear Quadratic Gaussian Benchmarking
Using the Restricted Structure Linear Quadratic Gaussian (RS-LQG) method, the order of the controller can be pre-specified and made available within the benchmark calculation. RS-LQG requires the plant model to be known.
When to Use RS-LQG
- When cost functions involve a sum of squared energy and performance terms.
- When the controllers to be benchmarked are of a restricted structure.
- When plant models are known or can be obtained.
When Not to Use RS-LQ
- When simplicity of the benchmarking method is paramount.
- When engineers do not wish to spend time selecting the performance they are looking for.